Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Day Breakfast - Strawberry Topped Waffles

Posted by Lori:
Because there is usually a basketball game or other activity going on in the evening of Valentine's Day, several years ago our family started having a Valentine's Day breakfast. It's become one of our favorite family traditions. We make it a candlelight breakfast and I have it all set up and ready right when we wake them up.
My sister-in-law gave me this breakfast idea last year. She used to make it for her own children when they were still at home. It makes a great breakfast any day, but is especially fun for Valentine's Day.

STRAWBERRY WAFFLES

Homemade or frozen waffles (I take the easy, but healthy way and use Eggo's Whole Wheat Waffles)
Strawberries, cut in half or smaller
Strawberry syrup (found by the pancake/waffle syrups)
Canned whipped cream

Place 2 cooked waffles on plate.  Top with strawberries and drizzle with syrup.  Top with canned whipped topping.
I wouldn't normally serve a sugary-type of drink in the morning, but last year I used this cups we use every year and filled them with a "concoction" of orange juice and mixed it with enough of a powered Koolaid or Crystal Light type mix to make it red.  The kids liked the strawberry garnish.  I think Sunny D makes a pinkish-type drink.  That would work...or some kind other juice.

Simple family times together.  That's what I'm grateful for on this Gratituesday.   Gratituesday is hosted by Laura at Heavenly Homemakers.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

Oh how pretty! Valentine's Day is one of my very favorite holidays. I love everything about it. This looks so fun and happy. :)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That looks beautiful! What a blessing to have a Valentine's breakfast!

LaVonne said...

What a fabulous idea! I think I will have to "steal" it too! :) Thanks!

Just visiting from Gratituesday. Blessings!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

very sweet...much healthier than the chocolate I give mine for breakfast on Valentine's Day...

Lori said...

Thanks everyone :)

 
Pin It button on image hover