Monday, February 22, 2010

Sour Cream Sauce for Enchiladas

Posted by Lori:
Last week I made beef enchiladas using left over Tex-Mex Roast. The beef mixture was rolled in flour tortillas, along with some cheddar cheese. This sauce was poured over the top. My husband was at a meeting that evening, so I didn't get his input on the meal, but all four children gave it a "thumbs up". I liked it, too, but think I might prefer it over chicken enchiladas or in beef that didn't contain beans.

The sauce is very good, rich, and authentic-tasting. I would share where I found it, but I can't remember - somewhere online!

SOUR CREAM SAUCE
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 - 4 ounce can diced green chilies

In saucepan, melt butter, blend in flour, add chicken broth, and cook until mixture thickens and bubbles. Stir in sour cream and green chilies. Cook until heated through, but DO NOT BOIL. Pour sauce over enchiladas and bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve piping hot.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover