Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Brownie Caramel Pie

Posted by Kimberly:

The only thing that I like better than chocolate is chocolate with caramel! So, when my mother-in-law made this pie for us one weekend when we were visiting, I instantly fell in love.

Brownie Caramel Pie

1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I omit this. I don't like to ruin my chocolate with nuts!)

20 caramels

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

1 egg, beaten

2 tbsp. butter, melted

1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

Sprinkle nuts into unbaked pie crust. In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with 2/3 cup condensed milk. Spoon over walnuts. In a mixing bowl, combine egg, butter, and remaining condensed milk. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour chocolate mixture over caramel layer. Bake for 35 minutes until center is set. Cool. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

wow that sounds rich! No brownie mix on top?

 
Pin It button on image hover