Monday, February 22, 2010

Pea Salad

Posted by Donna:

When I was very young and I decided to get into the kitchen and do some serious cooking, my mother and daddy could always count on one staple being part of the menu----pea salad. To this day, I still love it and fix it as often as I can. It's nothing you would find on the Food Network more than likely, but it is something that's simple when you want to do something different than a lettuce salad. At our funeral meals, this is the one salad that will always go first---no matter who brings it. I thinks it's one of those that's been around for "eons." My mother always fixed it;so, I learned to follow suit.

Pea Salad

1 can English Peas (drained)
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish or chopped sweet gherkins
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 small jar pimentos (drained and chopped)
2 T. chopped purple onion (optional)
1/4 cup Miracle Whip

Mix all ingredients. Store in the refrigerator.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Renee Boyd said...

I just made a comment on your Salmon Patties recipe about my grandma's pea salad...looks like you have some of the same recipes! This is like what she would make. I enjoy ya'lls website.

 
Pin It button on image hover