Thursday, February 11, 2010

Strawberry Angel Food Cake

Posted by Donna:

This is such an easy, but very good cake to make. The good thing about the recipe is that you can use a store bought angel food cake instead of baking your own. A co-worker gave this to me many years ago. I'm ashamed to say, I haven't made it as often as I should. The last time I made it, I took it to our neighbors who have two teenagers. Both teens gave it a thumbs up.


One store bought angel food cake

One box frozen strawberries, thawed

One large container Cool Whip

Cut the angel food cake horizontally two times so that there will be a bottom, middle and top layer. Lay the bottom layer of the cake on a round cake pan. Mix the thawed strawberries and Cool Whip together. Spread the strawberry mixture on top of the bottom layer of the cake. Lay the middle layer on top of this-----then ice the top of the middle layer. Lay the top section of the cake on this portion. Spread the remaining strawberry/Cool Whip mixture on the top and sides of the cake. Put the top of the cake pan over the iced cake and store in the refrigerator.

I told you it was simple to make. It's hard to think that the Cool Whip will stay thick after mixing it with the strawberries, but it does. I didn't believe it would until I made it myself the first time.

Right now it's probably hard to think this sounds very good since the temperature is in the 30's. However, I understand a "heat wave" is due here in Altus Saturday----in the 60's!!!!!!!!!!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I wish I did cakes like that more often...so much healthier! I am always drawn to chocolate most of the time!

Donna said...

Robin, I'm the same way---always finding the chocolate. This is so good and moist.

m3 real said...

Fantastic – just the recipe for my son’s 5th birthday cake!!! Thanks
I will keep visiting this site very often.

Donna said...

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our site.

 
Pin It button on image hover