Monday, February 22, 2010

Cream of Coconut Cake

Posted by Lori:
I had heard of this cake for years, but never made it before until last week. It's a very good cake, even though I don't like actual coconut myself (except in a coconut pie). It's a pretty cake, being all snowy white.

My husband went to the store to buy the cream of coconut for me. A worker went and got the first can for him because he couldn't find it. When he got home we noticed it had an alcoholic drink pictured on the front, but didn't know why. Later I sent him back to get another can (decided to double the cake) and they told him it was in the alcohol section. We had no idea and never would have looked there. My husband said that there is a coconut milk that's kept by the canned milk, so if you make the cake, be sure to get the cream and not the milk.

CREAM OF COCONUT CAKE
1 package white cake mix
3 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
1 1/3 cups milk
1 cup coconut - divided
1 large carton whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk and 1/2 cup coconut. Bake in greased sheet cake pan for 20-25 minutes. Make holes in warm cake with fork. Pour cream of coconut over cake (one can I bought was creamy, the other was seperated. I recommend stirring it in the can first.) When cool, combine 1/2 cup of coconut with whipped topping and frost cake still in pan. Chill several hours or overnight.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover