Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sour Cream Strawberry Jello Salad

laPosted by Donna:

This is another "go-to" jello salad I make when needed for pot lucks or funeral meals.

1 pkg. strawberry jello
1 cup hot water
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed
1 pt. sour cream

Dissolve the jello in hot water and mix with the crushed pineapple. Pour half of this mixture into an oblong dish, place in the refrigerator and let gel. Afterwards, spread the sour cream on top. Pour the remaining jello on top of it and refrigerate until firm. Sliced bananas can be added to the jello mixture, if preferred.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Indian International Cuisine | Recipes said...

Good site containing so many simple yet good recipes. I will try this 'Strawberry Jello Salad'.
Do you like 'Greek Salad' . . then, you are invited to my site Indian International Cuisine | Recipes (http://extrataste.blogspot.com) for this and many more recipes . .
Cheers!!

Donna said...

Thanks for your comment. We are very simple cooks--at least I am. My two daughters are so good about adding variety and trying different recipes. I used to; but, the last few years, I seem to stick with my "oldies." I'll be sure to check your site out.

 
Pin It button on image hover