Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Creamy Corn Casserole

Posted by Lori:
I've made this recipe several times for church fellowship dinners. As I was flipping through my recipes tonight, and because it's soooooo cold outside right now, I thought this sounded good...and WARM!

Creamy Corn Casserole

1 cup butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
2 (8.5 ounce) packages dry corn bread mix (I like Jiffy)
2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.75 ounce) cans creamed-style corn
2 cups sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I use the very same recipe except I will use the mexican cornbread mix. Just a little extra flavor!

Lori said...

That sounds good! The night I saw your response, my husband had his work Christmas party. The place where they had it served a thing called a corn tamale and it was in a round ball (about the size of a lemon) and it was wrapped in a corn husk basket and tied on each end. It was so cute, but I can't find anything like it online. Though the Mexican-style would be really good in that, too!

 
Pin It button on image hover