Sunday, December 27, 2009

Apple Turnovers


Posted by Donna:

I'm anxious to share this recipe with you. One of the men from our congregation has been bringing this special dessert to our fellowship meals for years. Everyone loves it. I decided last week to make it as one of my desserts for our Christmas family get-together yesterday. I must say it was a big hit.

2 sticks butter (do not substitute margarine)

2 medium apples ( I used Granny Smith)

1-1/3 cup white sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

2 pkg. (8 count) crescent rolls

1 (8 oz.) can of Mountain Dew

Peel and core each apple and divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a crescent roll and place in a large baking dish.

Melt the butter on top of the stove; then add the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bring to a rolling boil and spoon it over the rolls. Be sure and don't pour it on top of the rolls. I used a ladle to spoon mine on top of the turnovers.

Pour the Mountain Dew around the turnovers---not on top of them. If you pour it on top of the turnovers, the sugar/cinnamon/butter mixture will come off of them. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.

My sons-in-law and grandson absolutely loved these. I do, too-----and you will, too when you make them.

Enjoy!!!!!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Never heard of the Mountain Dew part...might have to try that!

Donna said...

They really are good. Everyone will be surprised if they make them.

 
Pin It button on image hover