Saturday, December 5, 2009

Peppermint Thumbprints

Posted by Lori:
When my husband and I were dating I was staying at his families' house one time. I had a really bad stomach bug and felt horrible. Joe told me that his mom had some peppermint oil up in the medicine cabinet and to go get that and use it - supposedly it would help with stomach ailments. I went to the bathroom and got the peppermint oil and drank some it. Well, I should have asked him exactly how much to take. The next morning I told him it made me even sicker and he asked me how much I took. Then he informed me I should have only tipped it onto my tongue, not actually drank it (a little late, don't you think - ha! ha!)

So, since that time, I've not cared for peppermint AT ALL. And now that I think about it, I don't think Mom and Kimberly do either. I didn't want you peppermint fans to be neglected, so am posting this Peppermint Thumbprints recipe for all of you. If I did like peppermint, I know I would really like these cookies. Why? Because they have cream cheese in them, icing on top, then candy garnish. Maybe I should try them, but just change out the flavoring....to caramel and chocolate :).

Peppermint Thumbprints

8 ounces cream cheese
2 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
Peppermint candies (for garnish)

Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add flour and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Indent dough with thumb and bake for 12-15 minutes.

Icing:


8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup stick butter (real)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon peppermint extract
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and peppermint with electric mixer. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until creamy.

Now either spoon icing into indention in cookie or use pastry bag and decorating tips for icing. Garnish with crushed peppermint candy.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover