Friday, January 21, 2011

Hawaiian Rice

Posted by Lori:
To give regular rice a Hawaiian flair, just change a few ingredients.  I used brown rice, but white rice would work, as well. I made the 8 serving amount, so adjust for your needs. Because I made this when making the Hawaiian Bread with Coconut Butter, I was able to use the cream of coconut for the two dishes.

Hawaiian Rice

4 cups brown rice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup cream of coconut

Prepare rice per package directions, substituting the broth and juice for the water.  After the rice has set for the 5 minutes, stir in the cream of coconut, and serve. 

This rice is great served with a Hawaiian-type of chicken.  The chicken recipe I used was just "okay", so I'm not posting it.   However, it would be delicious with Waikiki Chicken (if you don't want the extra fat, prepare without the breading and frying steps)



Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover