Monday, January 31, 2011

Crockpot Chicken

Posted by Donna:



I know everyone has cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot before--I just wanted to share the recipe that we like that I "procured" some time back. The past few weeks, I have been hungry for turkey again; however, I didn't want to go to that extreme. I settled for the whole chicken. Larry likes this much better than turkey---I don't know if I like it better, but I do like it just as well.





One whole chicken, washed and patted dry inside and out ( Mine was 5 lbs.)

1/2 yellow onion,

1 stalk celery

salt, pepper

poultry seasoning

basil






Season the inside of the chicken with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Stuff the chicken with the onion and celery stick. Rub the outside with a very small amount of basil. Place the seasoned chicken in the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours. The time may vary because crockpots cook differently. This really does turn out tender. It's definitely worth the effort. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never cooked a chicken in a crock pot, actually. Don't know why, but sounds good!

 
Pin It button on image hover