Monday, January 17, 2011

Fruit Marinade for Salad

Posted by Donna:

This is an old recipe from one of my Taste of Home magazines. I am constantly searching for different dressings for my salads. This one caught my eye quite some time ago. The original recipe calls for olive oil to be added, but tried that, and didn't like it. I know it's just a preference of taste. I'm posting it the way I like it.

Fruit Marinade for Salad

1/4 cup orange juice

2 T. cider vinegar

2 T. vanilla or plain yogurt ( I used vanilla because that's what Larry brought me on his honey-do trip)

2 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Drizzle over your favorite salad. I also think this would be good over a combination of different fruits. Poppy seeds could be added for that.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Interesting combination with the garlic powder!

 
Pin It button on image hover