Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baked Potato Casserole

Posted by Lori:

I really thought I had posted this before, but apparently not because I can't find it.  Or, maybe it's because this is the first time I've ever taken the time to write down measurements?  Yep.  That's probably it!

Usual potato casseroles are made with frozen hash brown-type potatoes, but I prefer baked potatoes in any time of dish.  To me there is just more flavor than a plain potato. I actually probably over-bake mine a little, but that's how I like them in dishes like this.

Baked Potato Casserole
8 baked potatoes, skins removed and cut into chunks
(I bake them with skins on then take them off, however, I think it would take great with them left on.)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 stick of butter
1 small onion (I used red)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Topping:
2 cups crushed crackers or potato chips
5 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute chopped onion in one stick of butter over medium-high heat, until onions begin to turn brown.  Combine chunked potatoes, sour cream, soup, salt, pepper, and cheese in large mixing bowl.  Add butter and onions.  Pour into 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Top with crushed crackers or chips and pour on the melted butter.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover