Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cheesecake Brownies

Posted by Kimberly:


On New Year's Eve, my cousin and his family came over to celebrate. I always like to have desserts on New Year's Eve that don't have to be eaten with a fork since we like to munch on them all night long. I was looking for something different to make and came across this recipe for cream cheese brownies in my kids' school's cookbook. This particular recipe caught my attention 1.) because it involved chocolate, 2.) I already had a devil's food cake mix in my pantry, and 3.) it was the 4th grade cookie contest winner the year the cookbook was produced. All of the grown-ups and my two girls loved them! (Everybody else, my son included, just doesn't know what is good!)


Cheesecake Brownies


1 box devil's food cake mix

1 egg

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 cup chocolate chips

1 (16 oz.) box of powdered sugar (or 3.5 to 4 cups)

2 eggs

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and butter. Press into a buttered 9x13 pan. Top with chocolate chips. In a mixing bowl, blend powdered sugar, 2 eggs, and cream cheese. Pour mixture over cake mix base. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden. Cool before cutting.


Enjoy! (My family and some friends from church will be enjoying them again tonight while playing Forty-two.) :)


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover