Sunday, November 7, 2010

Snowballs

Posted by Lori:
It's almost that time....the time for Christmas cookies!  I needed to make some cookies for a Christmas Open House where I have my little business (a rented booth within a bigger store).  I searched through a couple of cookie cookbooks and found these.  My youngest son, Tyler, helped me make them....and eat them, too!  They are very good and look like small snowballs, as their name implies.

Snowballs

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Extra powdered sugar

In large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, and salt.  Mix well.  Add vanilla. Gradually mix in flour a little bit at a time.  Mix in pecans.  Cover dough and chill until firm.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Form dough into 1-inch balls.  Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until set, but not brown.  Roll in additional sugar immediately.  Cool on wire racks.  Roll in sugar again.  Store in airtight container.  (Recipe says that it makes 5 dozen. I got 4 dozen out of it.)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover