Sunday, November 14, 2010

Carrot Cake

Posted by Donna:

The very first cake I ever learned to make was Carrot Cake. One of my aunts was known for her delicious Carrot Cake--she was the one who taught me how to make her special cake.
A couple of years ago, my husband and I were in Hollis to celebrate this particular aunt's 85th birthday. A cousin had made this version of a carrot cake. The only difference I noted was the absence of crushed pineapple--which my aunt's recipe includes. However, it was so, so good. I thought it would be a good recipe to share.

Carrot Cake

3 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 (1 lb. ) pkg. grated carrots
1 cup Wesson oil
4 eggs

Sift flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Mix the carrots, sugar, oil and eggs together. Stir in the flour mixture. It will be gooey. Pour the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. After the cake has cooled, frost with the recipe below.

Frosting

1 ( 8 oz. ) pkg. cream cheese
1 stick margarine, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. box powdered sugar, sifted
1 cup chopped nuts





Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover