Thursday, April 22, 2010

Turkey BLT Wraps

Posted by Donna:

Turkey BLT Wraps

For a couple of months, I've noticed a recipe in my Cooking with Paul magazine that I've wanted to try. Last night, I wasn't too hungry since we had a large lunch; so, I decided to try this. The recipe is actually entitled Chicken BLT Wraps, but since I have love Sara Lee's Mesquite Roasted Turkey from the deli at WalMart, I changed the name to suit my taste.

1 1/2 tsp. honey

1 T. Dijon mustard

1 T. mayonnaise

6 ( 10 inch) flour tortillas ( I used the whole wheat torillas)

1/2 pound shaved mesquite roasted turkey ( the original recipe calls for deli chicken)

6 slices bacon, cooked

6 leaves green leaf lettuce

1 tomatoes, sliced

Combine the honey, mustard, and mayonnaise and spread on top of each tortilla. Top each with chicken, 1 slice bacon, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 sliced tomato. Fold one edge of the tortilla over the filling; roll up tight, and place seam side down. Cut each tortilla in half and secure with toothpicks, if needed.

Since I was only preparing this recipe for one person, I only used one tortilla, 1 piece of bacon, etc. Also, instead of slicing my tomato, I chopped it. The spread is really, really good. It would be great on any kind of sandwich, wrap, or hamburger. Another option would be to add chopped avacado and chopped onion. When you want something quick, satisfying, and light, this is a great choice. I could eat this very often. Pin It Now!
 
Pin It button on image hover