Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oven Roasted Potatoes

Posted by Kimberly:

Last week a dear friend of mine stopped by and brought me a recipe for potatoes that she had been telling me about. I can't remember where she said that she had found the recipe, but she raved about how good these potatoes were. Last night I decided to try them with the hot ham and cheese sandwiches that Lori had posted last week, which, by the way, were a big hit with my family.


Oven Roasted Potatoes


12 small new potatoes, scrubbed well

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

salt and pepper


Slice the potatoes in half (or in thirds, depending on size). Cut them so that each potato will stand up without tipping over. Soak in a large bowl of cold, salted water for 2 hours. (I used about one tablespoon or so of salt.) Remove potatoes from water and dry well with paper towels. Dry soaking bowl and add extra-virgin olive oil and potatoes. Coat potatoes well.


Place potatoes in baking dish (I used a 9x13 glass baking dish.) in a single layer, cut-side up. Season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered in a 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until the potatoes are brown on the outside and soft on the inside.


These potatoes really were delicious and so easy to make. (Next time I make them I may even try adding some onions on top.) My friend said that she has even cut them into french fries. They would be a great side dish to any meal. In fact, these potatoes would make a good after school snack according to my oldest daughter. She's got dibs on the leftovers for her snack after school today!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Kim,

Wonder what the soaking is for? We make these without soaking and they're pretty good too!

 
Pin It button on image hover