Thursday, April 8, 2010

Barbequed Pork Chops

Posted by Lori:
My family has a favorite barbeque sauce. It's a "Made in Oklahoma" product called "Head Country". In our opinion, it can't be beat. But tonight I didn't have any "Head Country" in the pantry and it's not sold in our small town...so I tried a new recipe.

BARBEQUED PORK CHOPS
12 pork chops (I used the bone-in variety)
1 1/2 cups ketchup
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pork chops in baking dish (I used 2 casserole dishes). Mix remaining ingredients together. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.

All six of us liked these "Barbequed Pork Chops". That's always a great thing when everyone in the family likes something, isn't it? However, we would also still agree that "Head Country" can't be beat!


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

sounds good! I like KC Masterpiece but get lots of different brands free with my coupons!

 
Pin It button on image hover