Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

Posted by Donna:

Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

I've wanted to make this cake for a long time. However, since chocolate always wins out, I never did try it. I decided last week to wean myself off of chocolate for a while. To replace my craving for chocolate yesterday, I finally pulled out this recipe. I'm glad I did. It's so good, and my husband also "strongly" liked it. I used Paula Deen's recipe and another recipe from a Gooseberry Patchwork cookbook .

1 package yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 - 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
One ( 8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
One 16 oz. pkg. powdered sugar, sifted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1 stick of melted butter. Spread into a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking pan. I patted mine---at Paula's suggestion!

Next, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining egg, vanilla, 1/2 stick melted butter, and powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. I baked mine for 45 minutes, but in my oven, 40 would have been plenty.

Paula Deen actually puts a whole stick of butter in the cream cheese mixture. I opted for just a half of stick. I kept thinking about all that butter.

When I was comparing the two recipes before making this, I noticed where Paula Deen had written that this was the number one choice in their restaurant.

I'm so glad to have found something different to make for my family or potlucks at church. I get in terrible routines and end up taking the same things most of the time.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover