Sunday, April 18, 2010

Roasted Potatoes

Posted by Lori:
Last week I thought I would try to make a roasted potato dish using olive oil and a packet of onion soup mix. Interestingly, when I got the packet out of the pantry, there was a recipe for it on the packet.

Roasted Potatoes

4 large potatoes
1/2 cup olive oil
1 packet onion soup mix
1 tsp. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450°F. Wash potatoes. Cut them into chunks and place in a 13×9-inch baking or roasting pan. In small bowl, stir together olive oil, onion soup mix, and garlic powder. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.

I doubled the recipe for a church fellowship meal. Since I didn't have two packets of onion soup mix, I used one garlic mushroom soup mix. The flavor of these potatoes is great!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover