Friday, November 6, 2009

Surprise Dinner Rolls

Posted by Lori:
(Note: Some of you may have gotten this last night or this morning via email or other feed. I decided to move it to post again today because Mom and I had both posted for today (my mistake!).

This is another recipe my husband recently found, but then he changed a few little things to make it "his" recipe. It has a surprise ingredient that had I known before I tried them, I would not have thought I would like them. However, they were really good and all four of our children liked them, too.

The best part about the rolls was that he whipped them up one Sunday morning before Bible class and worship, then refrigerated them and baked them afterwards (the recipe instructions are for baking them immediately). Super easy for a dinner roll.

Surprise Dinner Rolls

2 cups self rising flour
3 Tablespoons sugar (can use up to 6 Tablespoons, if you like them sweeter)
6 Tablespoons mayonnaise (regular or light)
1 cup milk
1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease muffin tin cups. Mix flour and sugar together. Stir in remaining ingredients. Fill muffin cups with batter to 1/2 full. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes. Serve warm.

After the kids and I had eaten a roll, my husband then told us what the secret ingredient was. I then could tell that it had mayonnaise, but, I never would have guessed it before.

I told my husband I was posting this and he said that he's going to try mustard next time! That doesn't sound good to me at all, does it you? I hope he's joking :).
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover