Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hand Lotion

Posted by Donna:


I'm breaking the rules today. I decided to post a recipe for homemade hand lotion. Since Christmas is quickly approaching, I may also, periodically, post a homemade gift idea. The hand lotion recipe was given to me by a very dear friend at church. I've made this several times and given it as a gift. The first three items can be purchased at the Dollar Store.


1 bottle baby lotion

1 jar Vitamin E Skin Cream

1 jar Vaseline (only use half of it)



1 bottle Aloe Vera 100% Gel---This is a clear gel. (This has to be purchased at Wal-Mart) Use 1/4 to 1/3 of the bottle.


Whip the four ingredients together. I put my lotion in small, round plastic containers I bought at Wal-Mart--found in the travel container bins. These containers work great to give as gifts. One of my co-workers loved to put the lotion on her hands; then, put on plastic gloves to moisturize her hands.


I'll share another homemade lotion with you later that's great for your complexion and good for dry hands.







Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever added essential oils for scent? I am curious how that would affect the texture. Thanks!

Donna said...

I haven't added essential oils; so, I'm not sure about the texture. I did fail to post that when using the lotion, it only takes a small amount.

 
Pin It button on image hover