Friday, November 6, 2009

Fruit Salad

Posted by Donna:

This recipe really doesn't have a special name---just simply-- fruit salad. I love jello salads; but, I've noticed that they're hardly touched at our fellowship or funeral meals. This recipe is another "go to" that I like to fix for holiday meals. Of course, I'm the one that usually ends up eating most of it.

1 large can fruit salad, undrained ( I think it's the 32 oz. can.)
1-2 oranges, cut into segments
1-2 apples, chopped
1-2 bananas, sliced (Dip the bananas slices in sprite or lemon juice before adding to mixture.)
1 box vanilla jello instant pudding (I have also used banana pudding, but I really like the vanilla better.)

Mix all the ingredients together and chill until time to serve. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jess said...

This is very close to a simple recipe that I was given and use often for brunches. Drain fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges and pineapple tidbits. Once in bowl, poor a bag of slices frozen strawberries on this, then just toss on a box of instant lemon pudding mix. Place in bottom of frig, next morning stir everything together. It is very refreshing. Originally I was told to use vanilla, but I thought the lemon sounded better and I was right! :)

Donna said...

Your version sounds great. Thank you so much for sharing.

 
Pin It button on image hover