Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Butterfinger Popcorn Balls

Posted by Lori:

I guess since I'm TRYING to stay away from sugar, it's causing me to want to post "sweet" recipes - last time the Pay Day Bars and today this recipe! Actually, I would like to have one of these right now, so maybe posting it will satisfy me (doubtful :)...)

BUTTERFINGER POPCORN BALLS
6 cups popped popcorn
9 Fun Size or 3 (2.1 oz. each) Nestle' Butterfinger Candy Bars, chopped (my small food processor is messed up, but these are easy to crush by putting them in a small bowl and then smashing them with a glass. Fun, too!)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

Combine popcorn and chopped Butterfinger in large bowl. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in marshmallows. Heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture; quickly toss to coat well. Spray hands with cooking spray. Form popcorn mixture into six 3-inch balls. Place on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container or wrap individually with plastic wrap.

These are so good. I especially like the marshmallow version of popcorn balls. I'm sure you could use other candy, such as M & M's or Reeses...maybe even Snickers.

Nope. Didn't work. I still want one :).
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover