Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Brown Sugar Crock Pot Chicken

Posted by Lori:
We're already busy with elementary basketball games, but in one more week we will begin junior high and high school basketball games. Because of this we will have ballgames three to five nights a week, which means a big change in family meal time and schedules.

To combat this challenge I'm trying to do what many of you may already do -think of good crock pot meals for those hectic days. This recipe came from our phone companies' newsletter. I made it tonight and we all agreed that it was great. I served the chicken with broccoli and brown rice. It's got an Asian flair to it, as you can probably tell be the ingredients. The kids liked putting extra juice on their chicken and then mixed it all together with the broccoli and rice. (Note: I doubled the recipe for our family of six and we have some left over.)

BROWN SUGAR CROCK POT CHICKEN
2 pounds boneless chicken pieces (about 4 frozen breasts)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/4 c. lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite since that's what I had)
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper

Place chicken pieces in Crock Pot. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or until cooked (mine cooked for 6 hours). Serves 4.

I moved the Crock Pot around a few times during the cooking to get the juices to the top pieces. You could remove the lid and turn them, but I've heard that if you do that, the heat released causes foods to need 20 minutes more cooking time. I didn't want to do that because I needed it done at a certain time.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover