Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Magical Peanut Butter Cookies (Low Carb/Sugar Free)

Posted by Lori:I'm trying to stay off of sugar and flour....at least until our family reunion this coming Saturday :), so I found this recipe for sugar free, no flour cookies.  I really liked them.  My husband didn't.  I'm sure not everyone will, but if you're diabetic or eating low-carb and you can't have sugar, I think you'll like it a lot.  I think there is a version of this using sugar, as well.  It's  quick and easy to prepare. 

This is a Paula Deen recipe.  I got 13 cookies from the recipe.

MAGICAL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy (one review said natural peanut butter could be used, as well)
1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (recommended: Splenda)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used two)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, (if you put the fork in the dough a little first, the Splenda will stick to it, then do the crisscross) press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement (I didn't do this). Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Are you feeling better with no sugar? I have never tried that but I have heard that sugar feeds cancer. I should try to reduce my intake!

 
Pin It button on image hover