Monday, June 7, 2010

Hungarian Meatballs

Posted by Donna:

This is one of the main meat recipes I used to go to very often when the girls were still at home.
Hungarian Meatballs

2 lbs. ground beef
oregano ( for 2 lbs. of meat, I usually used about 2 T.)
garlic powder ( 1/2 to 1 T.)
salt/pepper
grated parmesan cheese can also be added to this

Form into balls and brown the meatballs on top of the stove. If you prefer, you can brown them in the oven at 425 degrees.

Mix two or three cans of cream of mushroom soup and about a half a can of water together. I like a lot of sauce, so I always do more soup. Pour this on top of the meatballs in the same pan in which you browned the meatballs. (Keep the drippings from the browning in the pan). Let this simmer for at least 25 - to 30 minutes, stirring often.

Serve on top of rice.

I love the flavor mushroom soup gives to meats.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover