Friday, March 28, 2014

Heart Shaped Sopapillas


Last night my family took me out to eat at a Mexican restaurant for my birthday. Since I'm trying to be good and stay away from sugar and flour, I let the boys have this beautiful sopapilla. I took the picture, looked up and it was GONE!  I think they inhaled it! Of course, like they said, it's filled with air in the middle.  

How fun would it be to make your own heart-shaped sopapillas?  Here's a recipe for you to do just that!

Combine 4 c flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt. Blend in 3 heaping tbsp shortening, add enough water to make soft dough. Roll out to pie crust thickness. Cut into 3 " squares or HEART SHAPES. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.  The one pictured is served with the cinnamon and sugar, but also drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce, with a squirt of whipped cream.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover