Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mississippi Cornbread Salad

I have other Cornbread Salad recipes posted on here by myself and my mom, but couldn't find this one - the one I usually use!  It's such a great salad!

MISSISSIPPI CORNBREAD SALAD

1 (8 1/2 oz) package cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
1 (1 oz.) envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 can chopped Rotel tomatoes, drained well (I use tiny fresh sweet tomatoes, but then the canned green chilies, drained)
2 cans (16 oz) pinto beans, drained (I used Ranch Style Beans, rinsed and drained, but prefer pinto)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 jars or bags "Hormel Real Bacon Bits"
2 cans (15 1/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained

Prepare cornbread per package instructions. Cool. Stir together salad dressing mix, sour cream, and mayo until blended. Set aside. Crumble half of the cornbread into a 3 quart casserole or glass bowl or large salad bowl. Top with half each of beans, tomatoes, cheese, bacon, corn, and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with a little of cheese and bacon bits for decoration, if desired. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover