Monday, February 18, 2013

Shaped Biscuits

Yes, Valentine's Day is over, but you can show some "love" to your family by baking these shaped biscuits any day of the year.  And, of course, you could make them in any shape you want!

I made these heart-shaped biscuits for our high school basketball teams last week because both teams were playing in the Regional tournament on Valentine's Day.  (Note:  Yes, I'm aware that some of the "hearts" have an extra valve :).   I used my favorite biscuit recipe: JP's Big Daddy Biscuits.  The secret to this recipe is NOT adding the milk all at once.  I'm not very good at reading recipes, so I missed that important tidbit a few times!  It's a super recipe and adaptable to any shape.  These biscuits are really, REALLY BIG!  You can't tell it from the picture, but they are!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover