Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tea Punch


Note from Lori: This recipe was originally posted in 2009, but when I came across it today, I realized it was almost the same recipe that a friend used a few weeks ago at a baby shower.  The only difference is that she adds Sprite to it before serving. She calls it "Tea Punch" and it is really good!

Mom posted this recipe below and it was called "Tiger Tea" by her friend.   I'm calling it Tea Punch for this post and because of the addition of the Sprite, so that both names are in the archives.  ENJOY!

Posted by Donna:

I tried this recipe for the first time this weekend. About three years ago, a family friend told me she fixed this beverage for a group of friends and that everyone really enjoyed it. For some reason last week I decided it would be fun to try it out; and since our daughter and her family were coming for the weekend, I thought they could tell me whether it was a keeper or not.

3 qt. water, divided
6 individual tea bags (I used green tea just because that's what I had on hand.)
3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup sugar

In a large pan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Remove from heat, and add the tea bags. Let the bags steep for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir in the lemonade and orange juice concentrates, sugar and remaining 2 qt. of water. ( I tasted the tea after adding only 1-1/2 qt. of water and liked the taste without the full 2 qt. of water.) Either way is fine, though. Serve over ice. I also think this would be a very good hot tea.

We all thought it had a very good taste. Our nine year old grandson probably liked it more than anyone. It is something that I will definitely make again soon. The taste reminds me somewhat of the spiced tea mix that was so popular years ago that used Tang. I guess that's why I want to try it as a hot tea.

Our grandson told me to tell everyone that if you drink this Tiger Tea, you will grow a Tiger's Tail!!!!!!!!! I told him I would be sure and post his comment along with the recipe. So, if you're brave enough to try this recipe, just remember we warned you!!!!!!!!!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover