Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Cards and Box for Kids

Tyler wasn't sure what he wanted his Valentine's box for 4th grade to look like.  He forgot to give me the note last Friday, so I actually found out about him needing a box from a friend on Facebook.  By the time we had time to do it, there wasn't time to plan anything.  In a small town with the nearest Walmart 30 minutes away, you have to improvise!  Good thing I buy lots of party stuff and have it for occasions such as this!  

I rummaged through the party drawers and found football looking take-out boxes, football tattoos, and football sunglasses.  I asked him if he wanted make a football "man" and he did!  We wrapped the box with green masking tape, taped the take-out box head and arms on with gorilla tape, and rubber-banded (is that a word??) the sunglasses onto the wire on the take-out box.  Tyler borrowed a pom pom from his sister for the fans' hair and added feet.  We asked his dad to cut out the mouth opening and Tyler put football stickers (tattoos), the #1 (He says it's not a number sign, but a hash tag! Ha!), and his name.  The whole thing only took about 15 minutes to make, which was great because it was way past his bedtime!
I had bought Tyler's class some Tootsie Roll Pops, but wasn't sure what he was going to do with them. After searching online and seeing lots of cute "flower pop" ideas, I knew he wouldn't want that.  Finally I saw some cute pictures like this - with the child holding out their hand like they were holding the sucker.  He wasn't too crazy about them, but since his older siblings thought they were cool, he was okay with it!

What a fun Valentine's Day it's going to be!  Too bad he's missing the party to go to his sister's basketball game!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

How did you make the cards? Online order or did you order prints and put a sticker on them?

Unknown said...

I took the pic with my phone and uploaded it to iPhoto. The two oldest helped me get the little shape the right size and color then we put his message. Pretty easy and quick!

 
Pin It button on image hover