Monday, October 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Posted by Lori:

When I went on a cookie baking frenzy a few weeks ago, this is one of the recipes I chose to make.  They were a special treat for my kiddos, too, since I kept some of the dough frozen in one inch balls and baked them for special after supper treats.  It was also nice to have frozen balls of dough when I needed to take cookies to a church dinner.

Why don't I do that more often????  Why don't I mix up dough and keep it in the freezer for special events or activities? (Maybe because I might be tempted to eat the dough or bake cookies for myself???  Yes.  Quite possibly that is the reason I don't! :)


Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

2 - 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups peanut butter chips (I saw chips that were half peanut butter and half chocolate.  Those would be good, too!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.  Beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy.  Beat in eggs until will blended.  Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Drop by rounded teaspoons (I used a 1 inch cookie scoop) onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 -10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack.  Cool completely.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover