Monday, October 24, 2011

Andes Mint Cookies

Posted by Lori:

I think this is now my two middle boys' favorite cookie of all time.  Just for something different I bought a bag of the Andes mint baking chips, knowing that they liked the chocolate and mint combo.  With a few tweaks in a chocolate cookie recipe I found online, these new cookies were a big hit for them.  And, an added plus is that since I don't like mint/chocolate together, I'm not tempted to eat them!

Andes Mint Cookies
3/4 cup butter
1 and 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
12 ounce bag chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/4 teaspoon soda
1 - 10 ounce bag Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips


Melt together butter, brown sugar and water. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let stand 10 minutes to cool. Add remaining ingredients, except baking chips.  Mix well after each addition.  Stir in Andes baking chips.  Drop by teaspoon fulls (or use cookie scoop) onto baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (my oven takes about 13 minutes).
 . Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

well, I better not try them, then!

 
Pin It button on image hover