Monday, October 17, 2011

Frank Casserole

Posted by Donna:

My brother from New Mexico came down for a visit last week. He had gotten this recipe from a show on television and was anxious to make it. He said the man on the show ate this growing up--it had been one of his mother's recipes. I haven't made it yet; but, wanted to go ahead and share it with you. I can see why Billy likes the sound of this--it has "weiners" in it. I think he could eat them every day and not get tired of them.

Frank Casserole

1/3 cup brown sugar
3 cans pork and beans
Weiners, cut up and browned
Barbecue sauce, to taste
one recipe corn bread or two boxes Jiffy made according to directions.

Mix together the browned weiners, brown sugar, pork and beans and barbecue sauce. Pour the cornbread mixture on top and bake at 350 degrees until browned on top.

The first time Billy told me about the recipe, he said to use the barbecue sauce, but a couple of days later when I started to write it down, he never mentioned the barbecue sauce. I think the goal is to get the mixture tasting like any barbecue weiner mixture and you're good to go. I didn't catch this difference until I started doing this post. Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover