Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chicken Stroganoff

Posted by Donna:


I got this recipe from a friend's daughter who posted it on her blog a couple of years ago. It's similar to one that Lori just posted, but decided to share it anyway. The sauce is really good. It reminds me of the Alfredo Sauce at Olive Garden. Larry liked the flavor of the sauce, also. I guess you noticed he commented on the good sauce--again, he had no comment on the chicken!!!!!


Chicken Stroganoff

3-4 chicken breasts, cubed
2 T. butter, diced
7 oz. pkg. Italian Salad Dressing mix (I used the Good Season's brand.)

After cubing the raw chicken, place it in a slow cooker. Put the diced butter and Italian dressing mix on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. My crock pot cooks fast; so, it only took 4 hours.

Stir in:

1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed

Cook on high for 30 minutes.

Serve over egg noodles.

The chicken with just the butter and Italian mix is good even before adding the soup and cream cheese. I really think I'll do just the cream sauce without the chicken next time--just because that's how I always order my Fettucine Alfredo--minus the chicken. Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover