Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Almond Cookie Crisp

Posted by Lori:

I shared my sister-in-law's Indian Tea recipe with you last week.  This is another great recipe of hers.  Each little cookie crisp has only 25 calories!  They are delicious!

I've added a note from Deborah about the change she makes from the recipe below:  The only change I made to the cookie recipe was I didn't put almond slices - I ground up my almonds and mixed them into the batter. (You really put a very small amount on the parchment paper. )

Almond Cookie Crisp: (Adopted from Agnes Chang’s Baking Made Easy)

Makes 42 to 45 cookies (depending on the size)

2 large egg whites, room temperature
a pinch of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons castor sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup almond slices
2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven 325F. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg white, salt, vanilla extract and sugar until foamy. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Whisk in flour until no lumps. Then, gently fold in almond slices and butter.

Spoon 1 to teaspoon of batter onto prepared baking sheet and spread batter into a 2 to 3-inch circle. Make sure the almonds flakes are not overlapping each other. Spoon the rest of the batter on baking sheet with each cookie at least 1-inch apart. Might need to bake cookies in batches.

Bake 9 to 12 minutes depending on their size, rotate baking sheet once during baking. Bake until slightly golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack. Cookies will crisp up once completely cool.

*Do not over bake them because they tend to turn a little more golden brown after they're out of the oven. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Ooh, I'm excited to find another lowfat recipe! I have only one that only has 2 T. butter in it. So I must try this!

 
Pin It button on image hover