Friday, April 29, 2011

Comfort Cake

Posted by Donna:

I call this my comfort cake because that's the way it makes me feel when I want a treat, but not spend a lot of time making it. I've always just loved a white cake mix with "from scratch" chocolate frosting. Last weekend, we were visiting my brother and his wife, and Sharyn and I were talking about how we loved white birthday cakes. I couldn't wait to get home and make one.


Comfort Cake


Your favorite white cake mix prepared according to the package directions.

After your cake has cooled, frost with the recipe below.


Bring to a boil:

3 T. cocoa
1 stick butter
7 T. milk

After the above ingredients start boiling, remove from the heat and pour into a medium sized mixing bowl.

Add:

1 lb. powdered sugar,sifted (Sometimes it takes a little more powdered sugar and sometimes a little less---just enough to spreading consistency.)
1 tsp. vanilla


Spread on cake.

I hate to admit it, but I ate two and a half pieces of this last night with a glass of milk. But, I will have to say, I felt quite comforted after doing so!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover