Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cherry Cobbler

Posted by Donna:

One of the ladies from church where my daughter and her family attend has the reputation of making the best pies. Lori is always commenting on the pies she makes for their gospel meetings. I've never eaten one of her pies, but I've eaten her cherry cobbler---and it is wonderful. She was sweet enough to share her recipe---which I'm sharing with you today. I made the cobbler today and it's sooooo good.


Cherry Cobbler

Crust:

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups Crisco---I used the Butter flavored
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup water ( The recipe calls for 2/3 to 3/4 cups water. I only had to use just a little shy of 2/3 cup.)

This makes enough for the top and bottom crusts.


Fruit Filling:

4 cups drained cherries (I used the Oregon brand red pitted cherries)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour

After putting the bottom crust in a 9 x 13 pan or dish, mix the flour and sugar together; then add the drained cherries. Mix well and pour into the bottom crust.

Add the top crust and sprinkle extra sugar on top of it. I did a lattice top.

Bake the cobbler for 1 hour at 350 degrees.


This is a fail-proof recipe. Sometimes we cooks will make the same recipe that someone else has made and it won't turn out like theirs; but, this one does. The only way it could be any better is by putting vanilla ice cream on top. Which reminds me----I may need to make a run to Braum's!!!!! Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover