Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Day Treat - Rice Krispie Kisses

Posted by Lori:
I made these Rice Krispie Kisses years ago for our oldest son's Valentine's Day party at school, but hadn't made them since.  Last week I decided to make them again for my kiddos, just for fun, and also so that I could share them with you. 

To begin with, use your favorite Rice Krispie Treats recipe. (My family typically doesn't use a recipe. We just pour in what we think we need....which we've decided we like more marshmallows than most of the recipes call for. We also like a few spoonfuls of peanut butter in the mix.)

To make the kisses:
Grease a funnel (any size - mine was small) with margarine, butter, or cooking spray.  Spoon Rice Krispie mixture into the greased funnel, pressing firmly to form the shape. Remove KISS from funnel, using a knife if needed, around the edge.  Allow KISSES to set on waxed paper for a while to cool completely.  If needed, form the top of the KISS into a sharper point (I had to with my funnel shape...made it more "pointy"!) Wrap with aluminum foil, adding a printed message strip sticking out of the top - just like the Hershey's Kisses! Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover