Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mexican Corn Bread and Ground Meat

Posted by Donna:


This is a very, very old recipe that was given to me by my aunt. I can't remember the last time I fixed this; but, knowing whose recipe it belonged to lets me know how good it is and that I need to make it again.

3/4 cup cornmeal
2 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 large can cream style corn
1/2 cup bacon drippings

Mix this together and set aside.

Lightly brown 1 pound ground beef and drain.

Grease an 8x8 baking dish or pan ( or iron skillet). Sprinkle the greased dish with corn meal. Pour half of the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 pound grated cheddar cheese over the batter; then add the meat, grated onion, and 1 small can chopped green chilies. Cover with the remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

All you need now is a green salad as a side dish and you're set to go.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

that sounds like good comfort food!

 
Pin It button on image hover