Wednesday, February 9, 2011

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Posted by Lori:

Monday I was trying to find something quick to make for supper for our three boys before leaving for a
ballgame.  I had one large piece of leftover chicken from Sunday, which I needed to stretch between all three of them.  I found a recipe for BBQ Quesadillas and adapted them as follows. 

BBQ Quesadillas (makes 3 - 4 servings)

8 - 8 inch flour tortillas (use only 6 if you want more chicken per quesadilla)
1 large boneless chicken breast, cooked and chopped finely
Approx. 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons barbeque sauce (we like Oklahoma-made "Head Country")
Butter or cooking spray

Lay out four tortillas.  Spread 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce on each.  Sprinkle cheese across sauce, followed by chopped chicken.  Sprinkle a little more cheese. Top with remaining tortilla. Melt about a teaspoon of butter in skillet over medium heat.  Grill each quesadilla 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese is melted. Add more butter/spray, as needed. Allow to cool for a minute or so, then cut into wedges.

The boys thought they were great and can't wait for me to make them again. I also did a few more things that evening using barbeque sauce to go along with the quesadillas. I'll share those recipes in the near future.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover