Monday, May 10, 2010

Pinto Beans

Posted by Donna:


Last week my husband and I went to Hollis to take my aunt out to lunch. When we go ready to leave, she insisted that we bring home some of the pinto beans she had just made. I'm so glad we did. They were so well seasoned. Larry, in particular loved them. My aunt is a wonderful cook; but, she has always used her brother's recipe for her beans. I was anxious to share this with everyone that visits our blog.

Chef Scooter's Pinto Beans

3 cups dry beans
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 small can shopped green chilies
2 T. bacon grease
salt and pepper

The night before you cook the beans, cover them with water and add the salt. Let them soak overnight. The next morning add more water, the chili powder, green chilies, and bacon grease and cook until done. Add salt and pepper to your liking.

If your husbands are like mine, anything that has chilies in it are a sure thing!!!!!!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover