Thursday, May 13, 2010

California Cobb Salad

Posted by Donna:

If you've ever seen a recipe for Cobb Salad, then you know the correct way to assemble it is in rows. I've read that the Cobb Salad was made famous in Hollywood at a particular restaurant. The pictures I've always seen are very attractive, but this "old" country girl prefers to have hers layered on top of each other----which is exactly what I did when I made this salad to go with the Oven Baked Chicken Fingers that was posted a couple of weeks ago.

California Cobb Salad

In each salad bowl, layer the following ingredients:

Lettuce
turkey ( I always use shaved Sara Lee mesquite smoked turkey from the Wal-Mart Deli)
bacon, cooked and crumbled
hard boiled egg ,sliced
chopped tomatoes
chopped avocado
shredded cheddar cheese
green onions, chopped

Drizzle with the dressing of your choice.

If you do the classice Cobb Salad, then more of each of the ingredients would be arranged in rows on a large platter. If I was computer savvy like my daughters, I would assemble one with these ingredients and take a picture and share it.

This recipe that I used is from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook that Lori let me borrow which I haven't returned---which I hope she doesn't want back anytime too soon.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover