Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lime Jello Salad

Posted by Donna:

Here I go again---another jello salad---but this is my very favorite of all.

Lime Jello Salad

1 small pkg. lime jello
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup sugar
1 T. lemon juice
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup whipped topping

Heat the pineapple, including the juice, to boiling. Add the lime Jello. After the jello dissolves, add the water, sugar and lemon juice. Let this mixture cool in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Add the cheese, nuts, and whipped topping. Refrigerate for several hours.

My aunt took this to church for a funeral meal and had forgotten to add the whipped topping. However, she said several of the ladies loved the jello and wanted the recipe. I guess this proves how really good it is, even if an ingredient has been left out.

I think what I like most about this salad is the contrast with the jello and cheese. I could eat the whole bowl!!!!!! Well, not the bowl, but you know what I mean.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover