Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crispix Popcorn Snack Mix - Munchkin Snack Mix


I made this Crispix Popcorn Snack Mix for a "Wizard of Oz" party, so gave it a new name:
Munchkin Snack Mix 
 
I didn't have peanuts, so used cashews. I am certain that peanuts would be better.  But, you know what???!! I just realized that the recipe doesn't even have nuts in it!!  Ha ha!! Where did I get "nuts" from? Who knows!  Well, I suppose I just added a new ingredient :). 
1 12 oz. box Crispix cereal
7 cups popped popcorn 
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 PLUS 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Optional: Peanuts or cashews....1 cup

Mix cereal, popped corn and peanuts in large pan.(I used my roaster, made it easy to stir)

Bring to a boil the butter, brown sugar and syrup. Boil about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir quickly as soda makes it foam.

Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Bake 225* for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread out on foil,(I use freezer paper because it is bigger) break apart and let cool. Enjoy!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover