Monday, June 13, 2011

Sausage and Egg Mini Tarts

Posted by Lori:

I wasn't sure what to name these little breakfast bites.  The mini shells box says "fillo" but the company website calls them both fillo and phyllo.  I suppose it's just a matter of preference.  I went with "tarts" because I didn't want to make a decision (Sad, I know!) These mini appetizers were really tasty and perfect for a wedding shower brunch last Saturday (To read more about the shower food and decor, click here.)

I bought three packages of the mini shells, so this recipe is what I did for those three packages.  Adjust the recipe as needed. It's fail proof, I'm certain.  I over-filled a few shells and smashed a few with my bowl (don't ask!).  Even with those mistakes, the shells came out great!

SAUSAGE AND EGG MINI FILLO SHELLS

3 packages of mini fillo shells (I bought Athens brand)
4 eggs
1/2 cup cooked, crumbled sausage
1/2 tablespoon minced onion
5 dashes of salt
2 dashes of pepper
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. In small bowl, combine eggs, sausage, minced onion, and salt.  Whisk until well blended.  Spoon egg/sausage mixture into unbaked shells.  Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until egg is set.  Serve warm or at room temperature.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

lilmoomoo said...

These look absolutely delish! I will be trying this recipe out for my fiance' when he gets home from being "in the field"!
Keep the good recipes coming!
Can't wait to try it out.. its not like there is much more to do here in Oklahoma where I am!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment! Two of us are Okies, too :). Glad you're enjoying the recipes! Lori...one of the 3CherryCokes.

 
Pin It button on image hover