Thursday, June 2, 2011

Joshua and the Battle of Jericho VBS Snack Craft

This week is Vacation Bible School (VBS) for us and one of our lessons (or so I thought - read here about my mistake) was Joshua and the Battle of Jericho.  I had bought a craft book and it had the idea to use graham crackers and rice cakes for Jericho's wall.  My students used gummy bears to march around their city, but my own children ate all of the remaining gummy bears so I had to find something else to show you! These cute gingerbread man marshmallows worked perfectly!  (Teddy Grahams would be cute, too.) The "Bugles" were added for the rams' horns for the men to blow.  Stick everything together with icing.  I used canned vanilla.
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

summer said...

This is adorable! I'll be using this!!

Lori said...

Thank you, Summer!

Anonymous said...

thank you I love the idea I'll be teaching that lesson soon and will be a great way of teaching it. Crystal Hayward

Unknown said...

You're welcome, Crystal! I pray your Bible students enjoy the edible lesson! :)

Unknown said...

Did this today in an outdoor neighborhood outreach ministry.... Everyone LOVED it!!! Even all the boys abandoned soccer to make & then eat them! Huge success! All Glory to God!!

Kelly said...

Making this on Sunday in Children' Church - can't wait! Thank you for the idea.

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! What did you use for inside the graham cracker walls? Was that where the icing goes? Thanks!!! I am wanting to use this for a Junior Church lesson on June 10th.

Unknown said...

Yes! That's the canned icing (or use homemade). It stuck like glue :). Thank you!

Anna@stuffedveggies said...

Thanks for a great idea! My 13 year old daughter and I just made this to use for Sunday School this week. Great Mom-Daughter time, and I know the kids will love it! : ) Really appreciate it.

 
Pin It button on image hover